FAITH FORMATION: A LIFELONG JOURNEY WITH HEAVEN AS THE GOAL.
Click here for Faith Formation Registration Form
As partners in Forming Children's Faith in St. Joseph's Parish, parents colaborate with catechists and parish staff in class and out. Our parish catechism goals :
- To assist each other on our individual path to heaven.
- To be a community where each person experiences the love of Christ, gains an understanding of our Catholic faith, and feels welcomed by others in the community. As we plan learning experiences and promote active service in the corporal and spiritual works of mercy at home, we also PRAY for true conversion and lifelong faith formation.
As a Faith Formation Team, we pledge to:
- Implement the Catholic Formation recommendations of the Diocese of Lafayette
- Teach the precepts of the Catholic Church in a way that promotes a longing for further religious education in both individuals and families.
- Encourage active participation in holy Mass, frequent reception of the sacraments and involvement in community events.
Your role as a Faith Formation Family:
- Ensure your child attends Mass every Sunday!
- Make reception of the sacraments a priority in your family.
- Practice your faith and help your child follow the teachings of the church in daily life.
- Actively participate in monthly classes.
- Verbally support the efforts of parish faith formation leaders.
- Support and comply with the guidelines of the program.
- Grades 1-8 Expectations
- Eight (8) class attendances
- Five (5) Service Hours
- Five (5) Spiritual/Prayer hours
…Or, a combination of service & spiritual hours which = 10
- Grades 9 and 10 Expectations
- Eight (8) attendances
- Ten (10) Service hours
- Ten (10) Spiritual/Prayer hours
- Confirmation 1 and Confirmation 2 have addtional Expectations (grades 10 and 11) -please refer to thier packet.