The Alive in Christ Ministry Fair was a great success. Parishioners have access to information on each of the ministries here at St. Joseph's Church.
November 4th Ministries Meeting Notes:
-Welcome of volunteers interested in ensuring the presence of needed ministries at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
-Introduction of long range goals to use our parish community to meet the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of parishioners,
-Review of information on current St. Joseph Parish ministries, the purpose of each ministry, and persons to contact
-Brainstorm ways to communicate information about current ministries, how to become involved in each, and how to reach those in need.
Next Ministries Meeting
December 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm in the church hall
All are invited; current and future participants in each ministry are needed!
1. Planning for a St. Joseph’s Ministries Fair to educate parishioners and spark participation in each ministry.
- Discussion leading to proposals for timing, location, and other details to make the Ministries Fair a reality
- Each ministry will use a brochure to explain the purpose and details of the ministry
- Each ministry will use a display to invite parishioners to learn more about the particular processes used by the group
2. Ongoing Ministry Awareness
- Arrange to feature one specific ministry every month during mass. Volunteers from each ministry will be asked to participate in mass (gift bearers, lectors, etc).
- Discussion leading to proposals for scheduling and logistics on this ongoing task
- Electronic methods for information: website, facebook, etc.
- Effective use of the weekly bulletin
"So I would like for us to ask ourselves: how do we live our being Church?...Do we open ourselves to the Holy Spirit, so as to be an active part of our communities, or do we close in on ourselves, saying, “I have so many things to do, that’s not my job.”? Pope Francis (June 2013)